Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Arteries Weep

It's been a loooong time since I've been to my blog. I see that the guts behind Blogger have changed quite significantly. Google acquired Blogger quite some time ago but finally they're getting around to really making it feel like theirs, which is a very good thing. Clean, neat, modern, refreshing. Very good. I may actually be tempted to post more often now..............

That is a very big "may."

Especially seeing as I have started up another blog and have been busy with that for the past few months. Launched on April 1 (heh heh), I try to keep a music blog running with my older sister called Raging Contagion (please don't rag on us for keeping the "g" on "Raging" instead of "Ragin' Contagion;" we've heard enough about it already). My other sister also tells us she doesn't like the name. Just doesn't sound good enough to her. But really, are you surprised? Just look at the blog title here! Anyway, we had the idea to make it kinda "sick" and "medical" themed. Whatever. The design kinda sucks now but we're working on it. Doesn't matter anyway, because it's the music that counts. Seriously, you should check it out. Some good music can be found there, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, enough ramblings. Really, I just came here to tell the world how much of a disgusting pig I've been lately. Yay! :D

Last Thursday/Friday, I got home from school/work around 5, and the ONLY things I gorged on between 5 and midnight (okay, maybe a little past midnight) were twist pretzels and Brite Crawlers.

Yep, this bucket. I think I diminished it by about a third.
These very same pretzels.
Mmmm, nothin' like salt, sugar, and a little bit o' tang. This was my dinner.

And then Sunday, again I committed many atrocities. I had homemade buttermilk pancakes drenched in maple syrup, then I had a couple (dozen) more Brite Crawlers, homemade popcorn, homemade kettle corn dripping in oil (both courtesy my brother, who's a pro with homemade popcorn), chocolate cake, rich vanilla cream pie topped with cream (why a vanilla cream pie needs to be topped with vanilla cream, I know not), a can of Dr. Pepper (caffeine free--we like it because we think it tastes sweeter than regular caffeinated, which has more of a bite to it), and a bag of microwave popcorn (Act II of course, because it's the best). Brite Crawlers were again available to me at that time but I abstained. I should mention that I did have an actual dinner that day: turkey, mashed taters n' gravy, salad, peas, Kool-Aid--does that count for anything?

It's all quite disgusting but I also found it rather amusing at the same time. Hm. Curious.

0 comments: