Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Little War Pony~

Ahh, My Little Pony~ I know it started showing before I was born, but I remember catching a few episodes here and there. Mostly, I remember playing with my sisters' My Little Pony toys. I remember taking them into the bath a lot. They were those rubbery plastic kinds that you could squeeze and they had fake hair. One of my bath favorites was a slate blue one because her tail had disappeared and all that was left was a little hole in her bum. We'd stick her under the water, fill her up, and squirt the water out of the hole...hahahahahaha, good times...

Side thought here: don't you ever miss taking toys into the bath with you? I never really did until I thought about it just now...of course I don't really have many bath-friendly toys anymore, but if I did, I would definitely take a nice soak in the tub with them, bahahaha. xD

I've only been to As You Wish once, but I remember seeing a little unicorn figurine you could paint. I ended up choosing a robot bank at the time, but my mind always wanders back to that little unicorn. Next time I go, I'm going to make a My Little Pony. Yes. And I'm very excited. The trouble is I can't decide how I would want to design it. I just might have to make a whole little army of them! 8D

All this talk of My Little Pony was inspired by this gem I came across the other day:

Great Comics That Never Happened


 Jack Kirby's My Little Pony #7 (June-July, 1985)
Story by Chris Sims
Art by Tom Scioli
"BRING ETERNAL NIGHT TO EQUESTRIA!!" THIS IS THE COMMAND THAT HAS BEEN ISSUED AS THE BATTLE FOR PONYVILLE REACHES "CRITICAL MASS!!" WITH HER ASTOUNDING SENSES "TUNED IN" TO THE POWER OF THE ASTRO-SADDLE, PINKIE PIE LEADS HER COMPANIONS THROUGH THE SONIC RAINBOOM TO A WILD AREA WHERE "WIERDIES" ROAM -- THE EVERFREE FOREST! AND AT THEIR COMMAND, SHE WHO WOULD DOOM CELESTIA HERSELF -- THE NIGHTMARE MOON!! WHO IS SHE? WHAT IS SHE? AND WHAT DOES SHE WANT WITH -- THE TWILIGHT SPARKLE?! EVERYPONY MUST STAND -- OR EVERYPONY WILL PERISH IN THE THUNDER OF COSMIC HOOVES!
PLUS! DON'T DARE LOOK DOWN! THE UNSTOPPABLE FORCES OF DESTINY MAY HAVE BRANDED YOU AS THEIR NEXT TARGET! WITNESS "THE CUTIE MARK!!" HAS IT COME -- FOR YOU?!

Um, can I just say, yes please? How amazing would this have been? I'm sure people would've taken My Little Pony a lot more seriously if this came to be. If that's not disturbing enough for you then might I suggest giving this a try:


Aren't they just adorable? After all, Four Horseman--makes sense, right? I think they should go into production. I was going to say, "They'd be better than these atrocities" and show you a pic of the My Little Pony redux toys, but I looked them up and they're actually not half bad. It's these ones you want to worry about:
 Littlest Pet Shop. I'm sorry, but I just don't really dig the whole giant head, giant droopy eyes look. The original Littlest Pet Shop animals (which I still have, btw, LOL) were way better.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the Polly Pocket redux. Snap on clothes? How stupid. Barbie does dress-up better. What ever happened to the teeny people you stuck into holes? One could argue that they enlarged them due to choking hazards, but these new toys don't look any safer to me. Look at the small size of those shoes! Unacceptable. They don't even fit the name now, either. They should have branded it as an entirely new franchise. Yeah, good luck sticking these Polly Pockets and their entire houses in your pocket. Original was better (...which, I also still have, btw...lolololol...).

Ah, nostalgia~

2 comments:

Zoë said...

hahaha I love your story about the pony with the hole in the butt. Sometimes I take my iPod or radio into the bath, but it's not the same as squeaky toys from when we were younger.

In reference to your comment on my blog... we should make t-shirts. They'd be all the rage! :) I did make that prostitute photo, but I didn't draw the alleyway. (Good ol' copy and paste.)

Christine Marie said...

Have I mentioned that your blog comments make my day? Oh and your blog posts do too. Love love love.